a Vanessa V. Kilmer blog - comments disabled

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Assignments 20100907, 08, 09, 10 and 11

Tuesday (20100907): Write my story idea in one very basic sentence.

Rich widow must marry or lose everything.

Wednesday (20100908): Write a brief ending to my story.

Rich widow does marry.

Thursday (20100909): Write a one sentence story summary.

Rich widow marries one of the men on the list of acceptable suitors that is still alive only to discover she married the man she loves who helped her find the serial killer and the murderer of her first husband.

Friday (20100910): Write a basic list of the main characters.

Alena - rich widow and heroine (protagonist.)
Greydere - Alena’s future forbidden love, her helper in finding the murderer.
Wolfram - serial killer (antagonist.)

Saturday (20100911):  Write a basic plot problem statement.

Alena loses her husband. She must remarry to keep her home, town and people safe. She must marry someone of her station.  
No appropriate suitors are immediately available.
As possible candidates become available they are killed and time is running out.
Alena with the help of an attractive  slave searches for the murder while trying to fulfill her obligations.


This helped me focus my idea of my story and will help me make my heroine more active which is what I want for her. Since she's going to detect I need some clues and I have to find a way to make her lover and her future husband seem like two different and yet leave clues so you could possibly figure out the are one and the same person. And I have to make my serial killer more scary while keeping him around.


I have included these notes in my story notebook for easy reference.

2 comments:

quilly said...

See, ifg I share like this, I quit writing. I need to get better control of that. I don't know why I do it!

Nessa said...

quilly: I feel that way too about some things, too. It's like the energy releases and dissipates. Sometimes I also feel a little superstitious, like if I voice something, I jinx it and bad things can happen.