a Vanessa V. Kilmer blog - comments disabled

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Assignment 20100905 and 06

Sunday (20100905): Did I complete all of last week's assignments? If not, why not? What specific things got in the way? How will I prevent or avoid these pitfalls in the future?

I did complete all of my assignments from last week and I did them on time. I even did some preliminary work on my novel.


Write a statement about one specific writing goal I want to achieve by Saturday, 20100911.


Review and re-write my opening scene which I like making it stronger.



Monday (20100906): Write a statement refuting or debunking each excuse on my list (from Monday, 20100830) of the 10 reasons why I haven’t pursued or achieved what I want.



TEN EXCUSES PLUS ONE - debunked
I work 50 hours a week and I am exhausted. - I can work less intensely and take breaks and my lunch hours. I can invest less emotion in my job.
I have housework to do. - Yeah, since when do I care about this?
I am scared of failing - In reality, I rarely fail, so where does this come from? I am even more frightened of not trying.
I am no good. - I may not be the best but I am rarely no good at things I try.
It’s a hobby and other things are more important. - This doesn’t have to be true. It can be a profession and affect many people in good ways.
I need a large block of time. - I can write lots in a few minutes. I have done so many times in the past.
I have writer’s block. - No. Bull shit.
I don’t feel like it. - Again, no. Bull shit.
I don’t know what I am doing. - I learn by doing.
People will laugh at me. - Like this hasn’t happened before and I have survived.
I am crazy to think anyone would pay good money for what I write. - Crazy can be a good thing when doing something new.

No comments: