a Vanessa V. Kilmer blog - comments disabled

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Assignment 20100829 and Fun Assignment

Sunday (20100829): Write one sentence about what I want; why I am participating in “Do It, Write!” Be as specific as possible in 25 words or less.







I want to make a living writing novels so I will finish my current novels, submit them and keep writing novels and submitting them.







Fun assignment - Notebooks and pens. Find a small notebook that will fit in a purse or pocket. Get felt tip markers that can be used upside down and while half asleep. Start keeping these with me at all times to make assorted notes.

Get a main notebook (paper) for a daily journal. Find a favorite pen that flows easily over the paper. These will be used to loosen up my brain.


~ click image to make it biggerer ~



I use the Oxford spiral bound index cards (which come in white and colored varieties) as a mini-notebook. They are firm when no surface is available and individual pages can be ripped out.









The mini-sharpie's hook onto the wire so I don't lose them and it's easy to find at night. 









I use any kind of spiral school notebook that I put into a hardcover folder, tied on with a bright red satin ribbon. This is like a lap desk anywhere that opens flat (the reason why I use spiral notebooks.)









I think the uni-ball Vision Elie roller ball pen is the smoothest flowing pen ever invented. I like the BOLD 0.8MM size.

4 comments:

quilly said...

I couldn't find my favorite pen! It might be time for a trip to the mainland! Woe is me!

I like the Flair markers better than the little Sharpies, but I have little sharpies in fuchsia and turquoise. I keep them in the car with a tablet that is always in the door pocket.

Nessa said...

I usually have some sort of paper all over my car. I couldn't believe I had absolutely nothing the other day.

RA said...

I always have a pen and a book in my bag. But, I rarely use them to write stories or poems. I'm kind of defendant of my PC to write down inspiration.

Nessa said...

I use my electronics heavily too.