a Vanessa V. Kilmer blog - comments disabled

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

There Will Be Blood

I am groggy. I woke up at 2330 needing to pee. I drank two glasses of wine to calm down from my phone call with DirecTV over returning the boxes to them. I only received one box with a return sticker listing the DVR and the RV box that my brother said he bought from Best Buy and owned. So I get on the phone and am frustrated because I can’t get a live person since the computer was confused because it no longer thought I had service which I don’t so it couldn’t find my account even though I could find my account online and it threw me into a perpetual loop. So I pressed zero repeatedly, over and over again until it threw me into the live person queue. So the first person had difficulty setting up the return. She had to code the system three times before it accepted the returns then all of a sudden she got a message that they don’t want the small boxes back. Just the cards inside. Once we had that straightened out I tried to convince her that I owned the RV box. She said it showed it was leased. I insisted it was purchased. She switched me to another rep who said the box was definitely leased. I argued a little more and then gave up and said I would look for my paperwork for when it was bought. She said Best Buy never sold boxes, only leased them. I called my brother and told him. He said the box he had was definitely the one listed on my account, the serial numbers matched. So I asked if he had any paperwork on it because they said it was leased and not bought. And he said maybe. He couldn’t remember and I could have the box to return it. Arg! A two glass of wine situation. QV is going over to my brother’s house today to get the box and send it back to DirecTV.

I couldn’t fall back asleep. I got up, took two Melatonin to help me relax, downloaded Pride and Prejudice from Audible into my iPod, took two TUMS and went back to bed. I fell asleep around 0130. The book did help distract me but the dreams I had after were wild. Filled with crowds. A church service. I had my period throughout the dream but no tampon or pad. At one point, I was hiding in a closet. Packing for some sort of trip with large crates yet unable to find the second in a pair of shoes that I had to have for the trip. Unable to keep my suitcase closed. My belongings falling out and getting lost and me missing my ride. And people everywhere. I couldn’t get away from the people getting in the middle of my business. I was shocked when the alarm went off at 0530.

My full bladder made me get up. I debated going back to bed and stayed up. The heater did not come on only the blower so cold air was coming out again. I feel like a poor writer living in a cold ghetto apartment writing with a blanket wrapped around my shoulders because I can’t afford coal for my heater. I turned the thermostat down so it could reset and now it’s back to blowing hot air.

563

No comments: